5 things that make the Masters so special
Monday April 03, 2017
The US Masters is a tournament like no other, here’s why…
This week the iconic Masters tournament gets underway in Augusta, Georgia. It’s often voted the players favourite major and fans across the globe tend to agree. Here’s just 5 things that make it so special…
1. Food prices – Yes, tickets for the Masters (if you can get them) are pretty expensive. The good news is once you’re inside prices for food and refreshments are friendly and affordable. You can even enjoy a refreshing beer for less than $3! (By the way, we also have no clue what a sausage or chicken biscuit is…..)
2. Patrons – You’re not just a spectator at Augusta National. You’re a patron. Even that distinction makes you feel a bit more important, more special, more loved. It also means you can get a great vantage point, leave your chair and the spot won’t get taken!
3. Boiler suits – Normally caddies are not required to conform to any strict dress policies other than to sport a bib with the name of their player. Augusta is very different. Caddies wear white (‘Breaking Bad’ style) boiler suits (come rain or shine) as they trek the 7,435 yard layout. Sooner them than us…
4. Magnolia Lane – How many courses are famous for it’s driveway? Not many. Augusta is a very different kettle of fish. The stunning magnolia-lined run up to Augusta National is renowned for evoking memories for those who have been there before and boosting the adrenaline and excitement for those who haven’t.
5. Beauty – If something sets Augusta apart more than anything else it’s the sheer beauty of the place. Tree-lined fairways, azalea framed greens, the infamous Rae’s Creek – there’s really nowhere quite like it. Not to mention the short (and arguably one of the best holes in golf) 12th, where many a disaster has unfolded over the years. It may be beautiful, but for the best golfers in the world it can still turn ugly fairly fast!
What’s your favourite thing about Augusta? Let us know by posting a comment below!
Get the My Circle Golf app now!
App Store: http://tiny.cc/MyCircleGolfIOS
Google Play: http://tiny.cc/MyCircleGolfGPlay