Information We Collect
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, gender, job title, golf handicap, age etc.
- Your IP address (your computers Internet Protocol Address) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our Website and statistical purposes but does not disclose any personal information.
- Your preferences and use of email updates. All emails will contain the option to unsubscribe after which point we will send no more marketing emails.
- Your location data.
- Session information stored in cookies, these do not include any personal information and are used to ensure the correct data is extracted from the database when using our interactive systems. For more information on the cookies we use on this site please see our cookies page.
- Generalised data provided by advertising partners which, when combined with other personal data we collect about you, may also form personal data. This includes, but is not limited to, any information you make public on social media.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.
How We Use Your Information
Any personal information we collect from this Website will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used by us and our third party contractors to:
- Provide relevant information about golf courses and offers suitable to you;
- Share your data with other users of the Website to allow you to meet new golfers. We will not share your email address or phone number with other users of the Website without your prior permission;
- Aggregate your data with the data provided by other users for statistical and analytical purposes;
- Where you have made a Booking via the Website or App, we shall share your personal data with the relevant Golf Clubs and with our payment provider Paypal.
How We Store Your Information
We store your information on secure servers, however the internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you sent to us via the internet. Our Website servers are based in a datacentre in the USA by data centres which adhere to the U. S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as well as the Safe Harbor principles agreed to and set forth by the U. S. Department of Commerce and the European Union, and we host our App via Amazon Web Services on a secure server in Ireland. We may share your personal data with third parties outside of the EU.
You can ask us to remove your personal information by writing to us at the address below. All emails keeping you up to date with our latest offers have an unsubscribe link that will remove you from any future mailings.
You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to My Golf Circle Ltd to cover our administration costs:-
Data Protection (My Golf Circle Ltd) International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, City Of London, London, England, EC1A 2BN
This policy was last updated on 25th January 2016